MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, Asia-Pacific region and Sinology to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. Up to now, there have been 1117 scholars from 83 countries accepted by this program. MOFA Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies. MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is open for application in May and June every year and recipients will conduct their research in Taiwan as early as January the next year.
1. Financial assistance
(1) Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
a. Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000
b. Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
(2) One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
(3) The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
(4) Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of
Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
(1) Fellowship administrator: Center for Chinese Studies at National Central Library:
(2) The year of 2022 online application period is from May 1 to June 30, 2021.
(3) Contact person: Ms. Elaine Wu
Tel: +886-2-2361-9132 #317