The first Northern Institute for the Taiwan Studies (NorITS at UCLan) event for this Semester will be taking place next week, 13th January 2021 at 14:30-16:30 GMT.
“In the last years, Taiwan has been on the spotlight for several reasons: its advanced democracy has been seen as a model in a region still threatened by authoritarian governments. Furthermore, its quick response to the challenges brought by Covid-19 has been observed and celebrated around the world.
A new decade has just started, and Taiwan is in a position to make a difference regionally and globally as never before. In this roundtable we will be discussing the old and new challenges that have been presenting to Taiwan at the turn of this new decade, with the aim to understand its role in regional and global politics for the next future.”
• Professor Gunter Schubert, University of Tuebingen
• Dr Stefano Pelaggi, Sapienza University
• Dr Prashant Kumar Singh, Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
• Dr Fabricio A. Fonseca, Tamkang University
• Donovan Courtney Smith, Co-founder at Taiwan Report and Co-publisher at Compass Magazine
• Dr Greg Coutaz, Tamkang University